Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited is a Company in the Oil & Gas Sector of the economy with international repute. The Company has vast experience in the importation, supply, distribution, and storage of Petroleum Products and is also actively involved in the official export of Crude Oil from Nigeria being one of the twenty-seven Companies approved by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for allocation and export of Nigerian Crude Oil. Presently, amongst other facilities, the Company operates two (2) Ultra-Modern Mega Petroleum Products Storage Terminals with a combined capacity of 96.8 million litres certified and duly licensed by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and an Ultra-Modern Berthing Facility with an International state of the art Fire Fighting and Safety Equipment in the Calabar Free Trade Zone, Cross River State.
- Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
- Location: Cross River
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to installation, maintenance, repair, and service of mechanical equipment and structures used within the plant.
Main Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain (test, inspect, adjust) and repair line equipment proactively in line with approved maintenance targets to assure of line efficiency, equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- Ensure conformance with environmental and safety requirements commensurate with executing required mechanical equipment maintenance or replacement activities.
- Responsible to maintain and repair all mechanical equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Remove defective equipment from system, disassemble, reassemble, and reinstall defective parts, using hand tools.
- Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Developing and implementing mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns.
- Ensure compliance with EMS/OHSAS/QMS and other statutory/organizational requirements.
- Participate in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
Qualification / Experience / Key Competencies:
- Minimum of B.Eng. or B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with professional Mechanical / Engineering certification(s)
- 2– 5 years of relevant work experience in maintenance field.
- Experience in a maintenance / construction engineering role in the oil and gas industry
- General knowledge of the equipment, methods and processes used in the oil industry
- Knowledge of computer skills, good communication and organizational skills.
- Fully conversant with Mechanical safety rules
- Ability to be a self starter with minimum supervision and team player.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Closing Date: