Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Manager, Technology Strategy & Governance
- Location: Lagos
- Employment Type: Full time
- Department: Compliance
- The Technology Strategy and Governance Manager will oversee the execution of the company’s technology strategy for the Compliance Department.
- You will be responsible for compliance-related technology systems governance and oversight, as well as identifying and prioritizing technology enhancement strategy. This role reports to the Global Chief Compliance Officer and is supported by dedicated personnel within Technology.
- The Technology Strategy and Governance Manager ensures, through monitoring, screening, and case management systems that Compliance is able to execute its duties and demonstrate efforts through reporting to senior leadership as well as external stakeholders such as regulators to fulfil requirements.
- You will be responsible to for understanding requirements from multiple stakeholders within Compliance and distilling those requirements into an actionable strategic plan that considers both impact and effort.
- This position should also have an understanding of how technological enhancements impact the customer experience.
- Oversee compliance-related technology systems and develop and maintain short- and long-term strategic plans for the Financial Crime Compliance Systems, including proposing prioritization of system upgrade and changes.
- Determine and present the cost, impact, and estimated level of effort of various proposed technology initiatives.
- Monitor and develop reporting regarding compliance system performance and output.
- Present reporting to senior leadership as required.
- Support routine and ad-hoc compliance reporting needs and data analytics requests (i.e., supporting risk assessments, root cause analyses, trending analyses). Oversee timeliness and accuracy of responses from dedicated support team.
- Oversee execution of periodic review and model validation of compliance systems as applicable.
- Maintain documentation of system/decision artifacts, including documentation of stakeholder approvals.
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as Compliance, Risk, and Operations to identify necessary system changes and determine downstream impacts to other units. Conduct regular checkpoints or discussions with the applicable Compliance and Risk Management personnel, escalating any material risks or issues to regulatory compliance. This role will also communicate directly with Product Manager to ensure any issues or risks are communicated and managed.
- Oversee any necessary testing for the implementation of change requests, where appropriate, including final approval of completed testing plans.
- Stay updated on the latest regulatory developments and changes in model management best practices.
- Recommend strategies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the technology systems supporting compliance.
- Oversee the translation compliance needs and enhancement initiatives into actionable requirements. Oversee personnel charged with developing business requirements documents (“BRDs”) for compliance and review and approval of product requirements documents (“PRDs”).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, or Investment Management, Business Management, Commerce, Commerce in Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the payment industry. Specific experience with compliance requirements, particularly requirements related to model risk management, a must.
- Proven leadership skills with experience managing and mentoring a team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to translate non-technical requirements into technical language and vice-versa, and communicate to the appropriate audience, required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests based on sound analysis of business need.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to work effectively and drive results in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with an array of compliance-related systems, such as transaction monitoring, case management, or verification systems a must.
- Experience with low code/no code systems.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in the payment industry.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Closing Date: