Glovo – We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Senior Category Analyst
- Location: Lagos
Your Work-life Opportunity:
We’re looking for a Senior Category Buyer who has:
- The Gas to get great work done,
- The skills to bring out the best from our groceries team,
- The strategic/innovative/creative thinking that’s required to develop outside the box solutions,
- The emotional intelligence and humility to lead a fast-paced business.
Be a Part of a Team Where You Will:
- Lead commercial negotiations with FMCG suppliers to achieve unbeatable prices on all products
- Select and purchase new products and review existing products to ensure that we are stocking the right products for our users
- Analyze the ROI/profitability per product sub-vertical to ensure that we maximize margins while remaining affordable for end customers
- Monitor stock levels and make plans for purchasing within the decided budget
- Know your customers and suppliers better than anyone and use that knowledge to drive innovation solutions to identified challenges
- Responsible for executing private label product development and other innovative products at our micro-fulfilment centers to drive our competitive advantage
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- 3+ years experience in a procurement/category buyer role in a major supermarket chain in Nigeria
- Excellent track record in closing commercial deals in the FMCG industry
- Ability to negotiate with and influence suppliers
- Data driven mentality: takes decisions based on data and makes business judgments when necessary
- A solid sense of ownership, a natural bias for action in order to always push for things to happen
- A solution-driven mindset to complex, multi-disciplinary problems
- Fluency in English. Additional language skills are a plus
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Find When Working At Glovo:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance.
Experience Our Glovo Life Benefits:
- Enticing equity plan (if applicable)
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Closing Date: