The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria. The University comprises the central campus, the student residential area, the staff quarters and a Teaching and Research Farm. The central campus comprises the academic, administrative units and service centers while the student residential area is made up of 10 undergraduate hostels and a postgraduate hall of residence.In the 1970’s and the early 1980’s, the University attained a foremost position among universities in Africa, with a vibrant academic and social atmosphere and a high international reputation. Today, the University celebrates a rich tradition of excellence having produced, from among its staff, a Nobel Laureate and four National Merit Award winners. The University comprises the central campus, the student residential area, the staff quarters and a Teaching and Research Farm. The central campus comprises the academic, administrative units and service centers. The student residential area are made up of 10 undergraduate hostels and a postgraduate hall of residence. Many restaurants are located here. There is a power station, a dam and a water treatment plant.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: PhD/Fellowship
- Experience: 15 years
- Location: Osun
- Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
- The post carries the responsibility for the day-to-day administration of the Medical and Health Services of the University and the successful candidate shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor, who is the Chief Executive Officer of the University.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Applicants should possess a Degree in Medicine from a recognized institution and must have been registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria plus at least a Master’s Degree in a field related to Public Health or Family Medicine with not less than fifteen (15) years post-registration experience, ten (10) of which must be cognate health and medical administrative experience, preferably in a reputable health institution In addition, the candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years administrative experience.
- Basic Salary: CONMESS 7 (N7,016768.00 -N8,517,892.00 per annum).
- The point of entry point will depend on experience
- Other fringe benefits include call-duty, hazard and inducement allowances in accordance with extant Federal Government Circulars, a partly furnished residential accommodation on campus at a subsidized rate; medical care as provided under the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) for self, spouse and up to a maximum of five (5) children.
- 42 working days paid annual leaver contributory pension and such other benefits as applicable in the Federal Public Service and approved by the Council from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 35 copies of their Applications and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae giving the following information in order as listed below:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Post Applied for
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate / sworn affidavit).
- State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address / including G.S.M. Telephone number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their Ages
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic / Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials)
- Work Experience with dates
- Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any)
- Research interests and activities
- Conference/ courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any)
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Any physical challenge?
- Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with Candidates’ academic/work experience.
Applications and Curriculum Vitae of all interested Candidates are to be forwarded (“For the attention of Director of Personnel Affairs”) to:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Candidates are also required to forward a soft copy of their Application and Curriculum Vitae by email (as an attachment) to: [email protected] within the specified period.
Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar. The reports should be duly marked “CONFIDENTIAL”.
Only the applications of candidates shortlisted will be acknowledged.
Deadline: Oct 13, 2023