Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 10 years
- Location: Nigeria
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit , Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- The BDS Specialist will undertake the following specific responsibilities:
- Work alongside the Private Sector Specialist to identify and strengthen private sector service providers based on their respective strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Prepare capacity building modules and use them to provide capacity building training to the MSMEs.
- Coordinate BDS capacity building for MSME cohort members.
- Classify the present MSMEs into strong, moderate, and weak and come up with business development support for each category of the MSMEs to grow their businesses.
- Identify and apply business development tools to help MSMEs become more profitable and sustainable as well as grow/expand their businesses.
- Identify and analyze lessons learned and MSME successes stories, build on the lessons to enhance the performance of the MSMEs.
- Champion the scaling of successful business models for the MSMEs.
- Identify innovative business development models to scale the performance of Extension Activity and in particular farmers’ outreach.
- Master’s degree in economics, agricultural economics, agribusiness, or other related discipline
- At least ten years of progressive experience in business development services is required. USAID experience is preferred.
- Extensive experience working with MSMEs and private sector in agriculture and agribusiness in Nigeria
- Experience working with women and youth
- Proven team leadership and good communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letters as one document to [email protected] addressing the position requirements.
All applications should be labelled with the subject line: Business Development Services Specialist
Deadline: Sep 8, 2023