Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
Job Title: Finance Officer – Nigeria IHP
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Budget, Accounting, and Financial Management
Overview: Join our dynamic team as a Finance Officer for the Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) in Abuja. As a Finance Officer, you will play a crucial role in managing budgets, accounting, and financial operations in alignment with Nigerian government regulations, company policies, and clients’ financial procedures. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a positive social and economic impact in Nigeria.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the project team to prepare, review, and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts.
- Manage cash flows, including timely submission of field cash requests and effective cash flow management in the field office.
- Liaise with suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors, and staff regarding invoices, payments, advances, and financial matters.
- Ensure accurate review and reconciliation of invoices before issuing payments. Handle tax withholding and deductions according to Nigerian laws and regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date records of bank and petty cash transactions, adhering to financial templates provided by HQ.
- Prepare and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to HQ. Review monthly financial reports and update expenditure forecasts/budgets as needed.
- Provide financial support to the project and assist in end-of-year financial audits.
- Work closely with the Operations Officer for daily tasks and effective project management.
- Support grants management by reviewing recipients’ finance vouchers and processing invoices and payments.
- University graduate in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience in finance, accounts, and operations management, preferably with an international organization and USG contracts experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy, with proficiency in MS Excel being an advantage.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and results-oriented mindset.
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
Join Palladium and Make a Positive Impact:
At Palladium, we are committed to creating enduring social and economic value to address the world’s most pressing challenges. With our global presence and diverse workforce, we strive for equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and encourage diversity to drive innovation and success.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at accessi[email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Palladium prioritizes the safety and well-being of our people, clients, and communities. We uphold strict safeguarding measures to ensure a respectful and abuse-free environment. Our selection process includes safeguarding-focused interviews and rigorous due diligence to protect all individuals we work with.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Join our team and contribute to positive change!