Quantity Surveyor Trainee
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Building and Construction, Graduate Jobs, Internships, and Volunteering
The successful candidates will be trained for 1 (One) year under the scheme.
At the end of the program, we will offer successful candidates permanent employment with the Edo State Government.
- Prepare a schedule of dilapidation.
- Interim valuation.
- Preparation of Bills of Quantities (BOQ).
- Understand/interpret different conditions of contracts in use in the construction industry.
- Prepare budgets for construction work.
- Audit Contracts.
- Prepare cash-flow analysis of construction.
- Undertake construction contract management.
- Undertake construction procurement and tender/bid evaluation.
- Preparing construction cost estimates.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of Second Class Lower) or HND (minimum of Lower Credit) in Quantity Surveying.
- Evidence of NIQS registration is an added advantage.
- Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate.
- Candidates must be computer literate, with good interpersonal/leadership skills, and the ability to effectively work in teams.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 22-30.
- Experience in using CAD & GIS Tools will be an added advantage.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letters with an attached Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:
The Ministry of Physical Planning, Housing, Urban and Regional Development,
2nd Floor, Block C, Edo State Secretariat Complex,
Sapele Road, Benin City,
And apply online.
- We will contact only shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates shall apply for only 1(One) position. Multiple applications will cause automatic disqualification.
- The selection process will involve a review of applications, interviews, and possibly technical assessments.
- The Ministry does not require candidates to make any payments to any person or organization as equal opportunity is guaranteed for all candidates in this merit-driven recruitment exercise.
- This position is open to residents and indigenes of Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
- The Ministry of Physical Planning, Housing, Urban and Regional Development is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Are you interested and qualified? Go to Edo State Government on docs.google.com to apply.