- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 15 years
- Location: Nigeria
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit, Project Management
Purpose of the position
- The Director, Partnerships & Programs will work closely with the Executive Director and be responsible for managing the relationships between the organization and its partners. He/She will be in charge of developing new partnerships, maintaining current partnerships, and overseeing any other activities that strengthen these connections.
- He/She is also tasked with identifying potential partners who could benefit from working with the organization. The role encompasses supporting the program design, program implementation strategy, designing research and evaluation methods, ensuring eHA employees have the right tools and knowledge to successfully execute projects, reviewing systematic data to make informed programmatic decisions and communicating impact to donors and partners.
- This role will also provide direction and support to the New Business Development department and the communications team. He/She will identify new business opportunities and develop long-term business growth strategies.
The Director, Partnerships and Programs will perform the following;
- Identify, build, and nurture relationships with potential and existing partners, including corporations, other NGOs, government entities, and philanthropic organizations.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships to grow the organization.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for the organization.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring they are informed and aligned with the NGO’s programs and partnerships.
- Oversee the development of effective communication strategies.
- Strengthen the organization’s brand and image.
- Provide Leadership to the Communications Team.
Knowledge Building & Sharing:
- Stay updated on industry trends, challenges, and opportunities that could impact the NGO’s programs and partnerships.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and best practices across the organization.
- Represent the NGO at events, conferences, and forums to advocate for its mission and promote its programs.
Program Design and Implementation:
- Oversee the design, launch, and scaling of programs to ensure they meet the NGO’s goals and objectives.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the programs, making adjustments as needed.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Ensure that programs and partnerships adhere to local regulations, donor requirements, international best practices and internal policies.
- Prepare regular reports for the NGO’s leadership, board of directors, donors, and other stakeholders.
Senior Management Team (SMT) Responsibilities
- Participate in Partnership and Programs Directorship meetings.
- Collaborate with other Directorships (Finance & Administration and Program Operations).
- Lead in the development of global partnerships and program strategies.
- Support new business development initiatives.
- Participate in SMT meetings.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to
- Maintains high standards necessary for the efficient and professional implementation of the organization’s Partnership solutions and platforms.
- Provides direct management of directorate department managers.
- Ensures compliance with legal provisions, organizational policies and best practices concerning data management, retention, licensing, and security.
- Oversees the implementation and maintenance of a network security function to ensure the integrity and privacy of the company’s data and computing environment and protect its investment in technology.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and/or a master’s degree in a related field. A Professional certification is necessary.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, with at least 5 years working in the capacity as a director. NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of strategies, policies, partnership and programs implementation on a corporate level for all eHealth Africa country worksite locations.
- Excellent ability to align business objectives with employees core functions.
- Excellent experience in Business Development.
- Proven track record of success in developing and executing business development strategies that have resulted in increased revenue, market share, and customer acquisition.
- Expertise in identifying and evaluating new market opportunities, developing and negotiating commercial agreements, and managing partner relationships.
- Strong understanding of the business development process, from market research and analysis to deal structuring and implementation.
- Ability to create good partnerships with different organizations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at partner organizations.
- Proven ability to identify and leverage synergies between partners to create mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Skilled in negotiating and drafting commercial agreements that protect the interests of both parties.
- Experience in managing and coordinating complex partnership projects.
- Drive the programs team which includes all its departments.