- Job Type: Full-Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Bayelsa
- Job Field: Sales / Marketing/ Retail / Business Development
Entourage Integrated Trust Ltd. has an opening for the position of Credit Officer
- Credit Analysis: Evaluate the creditworthiness of individuals or businesses applying for loans or credit facilities. This involves analyzing financial statements, credit reports, and other relevant documents to assess risk.
- Risk Assessment: Determine the level of risk associated with extending credit to applicants based on their financial history, repayment capacity, and other factors. This includes assessing factors such as debt-to-income ratio, collateral, and credit history.
- Loan Processing: Manage the loan application process from start to finish, including gathering required documentation, conducting background checks, and verifying information provided by applicants.
- Decision Making: Make informed decisions regarding loan approvals, denials, or modifications based on established lending policies, risk assessment, and regulatory requirements.
- Portfolio Management: Monitor the performance of existing loans and credit facilities, identifying potential risks and taking appropriate measures to mitigate them. This may involve conducting periodic reviews, assessing changes in the borrower’s financial situation, and recommending actions such as restructuring or refinancing.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, internal policies, and industry standards governing lending practices. Stay updated on relevant laws and regulations affecting credit operations and implement necessary changes to ensure compliance.
- Customer Relations: Build and maintain positive relationships with clients, providing them with assistance and guidance throughout the credit application process. Address inquiries, concerns, or disputes in a timely and professional manner.
- Opening account for customers
- Education: OND/NCE/HND/BSc in a related field. Some positions may require additional certifications or specialized training in credit analysis and risk management.
- Experience: Previous experience in banking, finance, or credit analysis is typically required. Experience in commercial lending or underwriting may be particularly valuable.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and quantitative skills are essential for assessing financial data, identifying trends, and making informed credit decisions.
- Risk Management: Knowledge of credit risk assessment techniques, credit scoring models, and risk mitigation strategies. Familiarity with industry best practices and regulatory requirements related to credit risk management.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary for effectively communicating with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders. The ability to explain complex financial concepts clearly and concisely is crucial.
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness and attention to detail are important for accurately reviewing and analyzing financial documents, identifying discrepancies, and ensuring compliance with lending policies and procedures.
- Decision Making: Sound judgment and decision-making skills are essential for evaluating creditworthiness, assessing risk, and making lending decisions that align with organizational objectives and risk tolerance levels.
- Computer Proficiency: Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with financial analysis software or credit scoring systems may be required.