- Develop a strategic direction for the business, along with supporting tactics, and monitor the progress of the company in meeting its strategic goals.
- Oversee the formulation of the annual budget.
- Develop robust business cases to assess funding needs and expansion initiatives.
- Develop a system of analytics and performance metrics that support the company’s understanding of its strategic direction.
- Manage the accounting, treasury, IT and tax departments.
- Participate in the functions and decisions of the executive management team.
- Implement operational best practices throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Oversee the compilation of financial information into financial statements with accompanying disclosures. Ensure the numbers are accurate.
- Report financial results to management to appropriated channel.
- Ensure that the business complies with regulatory and other legal requirements.
- Review and act upon the findings and recommendations of internal and external auditors.
- Invest excess funds based on projected cash balances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or any related discipline.
- Professional qualifications e.g., ICAN, ACCA, CFA is required.
- A postgraduate degree/MBA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a senior management role is required.
- Great attention to details and good analytical skills needed.
- Excellent leadership, and communication and presentation skills are required.
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills required