- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BSc/MBBS
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Medical & Pharmaceutical
Lopterra Services Limited is seeking a skilled and dedicated Chemical Pathologist to join their medical diagnostics team. As a Chemical Pathologist, you will play a vital role in the analysis of bodily fluids and interpretation of laboratory test results, contributing to the accurate diagnosis and management of diseases.
- Minimum Qualification: MBBS
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in clinical pathology, exceptional analytical skills, and a commitment to delivering high-quality laboratory services.
- Conduct biochemical analyses of blood, urine, and other bodily fluids to assess and interpret various biochemical components.
- Utilize advanced laboratory techniques and equipment to ensure accurate and reliable test results.
- Interpret laboratory test results and provide diagnostic insights to aid in patient care.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to discuss findings and contribute to treatment plans.
- Monitor and manage quality assurance and quality control processes within the laboratory.
- Implement and maintain standards to ensure the accuracy and reliability of laboratory results.
- Advise clinicians on appropriate laboratory tests for specific medical conditions.
- Stay updated on advancements in clinical chemistry and recommend new tests as needed.
- Work closely with laboratory technicians, healthcare teams, and other medical professionals to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
Research and Development:
- Engage in ongoing research and development activities to enhance laboratory practices and stay abreast of emerging trends in clinical pathology.
Training and Education:
- Provide training and education to laboratory staff and other healthcare professionals on laboratory techniques and result interpretation.
Qualifications & skills
- Minimum of 2–3 years of experience as a practicing Chemical Pathologist.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Complete the mandatory internship program in a hospital approved by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Board certification & medical licence
- Undertake a residency or postgraduate training program in Chemical/ClinicalPathology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Commitment to quality assurance and continuous improvement