- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND, MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 5–7 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
The position manages and provide technical support to States M&E team on efficient data management processes and reporting. The successful candidate will support DSI in specific Monitoring and Evaluation Capacity building. Ensure that all HALG internal and external reporting requirements are met with timely, relevant, triangulated and well analyzed data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the organization delivers on all internal and external monitoring and evaluation requirements promptly and with high-quality information.
- Ensure that data collection methodologies used at field level are standardized, enabling the specific characteristics of different target groups to be captured and analyzed.
- Ensure that monthly quantitative data analysis is shared with Director, Strategic Information as well other key management staff and relevant stakeholders to inform program design and review.
- Provide technical support to States M&E team on efficient data management processes and reporting.
- Support Director of Strategic Information in specific Monitoring and Evaluation Capacity building.
- Ensure that all HALG internal and external reporting requirements are met with timely, relevant, triangulated and well analyzed data.
- Support project teams with assessment/evaluation planning, ensuring that minimum criteria for quality evaluations are integrated into design and implementation.
- Contribute to improvements in existing policies and procedures to enhance effective accountability mechanisms with approval from the DSI.
- Participate in designing and implementation of studies, assessments and learning in coordination with HALG technical Lead and program staff.
- Seek opportunities for information sharing and learning exchanges with local actors/INGOs to promote coordination at local and national level.
- Any other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Social science, biostatistics, public health, health information science, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of health and/or programs, preferably related to HIV/AIDS and reproductive health.
- Masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of monitoring and evaluation approaches including health information systems.
- Experience in data quality assurance, DHIS 2.0, database management. Good working knowledge of national data collection tools in HIV programming.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Knowledge of data processing, database design and data entry.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Statistical and other M&E software packages
- Good working experience in monitoring and evaluation at the community, state, and national levels.
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Change’s approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Respect the cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory: Do not discriminate against persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software is routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.
- The employee will be required to work directly with populations that are vulnerable and at high risk of HIV and Human rights violation.