- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Building and Construction , Engineering / Technical
As a specialist projectized solution provider, with several first-class projects that have been successfully conceptualized and completed within our portfolio, our activities are being managed and operated by individuals that possess various experiences in the field of both local and international project development, management, project risk, and technical advisory services.
They seek to hire an intermediate or Senior Civil and Structural Engineer discipline with excellent analytical skills.
- Execute and deliver small to large-scaled projects from design concepts to construction projects
- Provide technical advice, mentorship and guidance to less experienced professionals and share knowledge of the discipline
- Prepare and issue technical specifications and reports, such as: design criteria, material quantities, plan & profile drawings, cost estimates, procurement and construction specifications part of issued for design reviews, tender & construction packages
- Manage and supervise design team professionals for successful project delivery according to priorities, scope, budget and timelines.
- Perform design reviews of project deliverables and lead technical review meetings with clients
- Meet with clients, anticipate & plan client needs, prepare proposals, and define engineering budgets and timelines
- Lead technical discussions with clients, project stakeholders and contractors to resolve project issues, such as, but not limited to, requests during construction and scope changes
- Utilizing a design system for the production of complex civil/structural design deliverables.
- Generates engineering drawings and bulk material take-offs for civil/structural materials.
- Check drawings before issuing to ensure the quality of deliverables
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines.
- If required works independently in an Area Lead role and delivers the planned work on time and to high technical standards.
- If required, assist and shadow the Principal Designer in the planning and execution of the wider project.
- Ensure that technically acceptable drawings are delivered within budget and program
- Ensure that drawings provide a constructible and safe solution in fabrication and construction
- Ensure that details provide a cost-effective solution to installers
- The role offers significant career opportunities with progression for the right candidate
- Perform structural analysis and calculations to ensure the integrity, safety, and compliance of all structures within the production facility with relevant industry standards and codes.
- Conduct site visits to assess existing structures, identify potential issues, and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Create and maintain accurate records of design changes, project progress, and as-built documentation.
- University Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Registered member of a Professional Engineering association in Nigeria (COREN, NSE etc)
- Structure (steel, concrete, fiber-reinforced) and Foundation design experience
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Field review and site-engineer experience (an asset)
- Underground Transmission design experience (an asset)
- Demonstrated skills in Project Management and understanding of Project Management systems.
- Strong commitment to safety protocols and guidelines, with the ability to identify and mitigate electrical hazards.